Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Monday, January 05, 2009

January In The Yard

Here are a few new yard pictures for you. With a Home Depot gift card from my parents, I've crammed a few more things outside, including:

Some winter annuals. The dusty miller were already there, but I moved some lobelia from another planter in here and added a six pack of some other random annuals that didn't even come with a name (just labelled "mixed annuals"). I like the contrast in the silver and purple colors.



Here is the lobelia it's starting to spread quite nicely in this cool, wet weather we've been having since Thanksgiving (now up to 3 1/2 inches of rain in the last six weeks).


Here is the mystery annual, it came in this color, and lighter shade of pink.


With the remainder of my gift card I bought a bareroot asian pear tree (the twig off to the left), and a nectarine (twig not pictured here, the one in the barrel is dormant chaste tree). Emily got me a weather center for Christmas, and I've mounted the wind gauge to the barrel pictured here. It should have been mounted higher, but for it to point north, it had to be mounted pointing in that direction, and I didn't have anything higher, since the house wouldn't work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home