Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Ode To A Globe Mallow

In four or five years of having this bush, I've never seen it get out of control like this. I'm sure I can thank this winter's rain for it's growth, but am still amazed at how it seemingly doubled in size when it started warming up earlier this month. Usually it's nestled neatly in the top of this planter, and doesn't explore outside of it's boundaries, but this year it's encroached upon my Indian Mallow, Gold Emu Bush, Hopeseed Bush, and has smothered dozens of aloe plants around it. I'm guessing it has a spread of about six by four feet at this point, and will have to take a hedge trimmers to it, once it's finished blooming.
Below are a few shots of the plant and some of it's neighbors.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home