Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick Yard Update

Here are a few new shots of the yard. I recently spray painted our arch on the south side of the house, and moved it to right off the side of the deck. If I had been smart, I would have taken a picture of it, but I did not. Perhaps another time.

For now, here are a few blanket flowers that I bought about a month ago. I orignally thought of planting these in my bathtub, but thought better of it since the tub still has no drain holes, and tends to bake plants after April, since it retains heat so well. Emily's mom also has some of these, and hers looked so good, I decided to get a few for myself.



I also bought a few gazanias to mix in with the blanket flowers. Had a been smart, I would have bought some white ones to offset the color in the blanket flowers. Instead I bought some with a similar color.



While a number of my other potted plants nearly baked to death in our 100+ temps earlier in the week, my shrimp plant continued to thrive. No blooms yet, but the color of the leaves are so lush that I thought they might photograph well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home