Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Monday, August 09, 2010

Back To The Arboretum, Pt 1

For those of you that took heed of my advise to come back here, congrats, as you'll be treated to some bonus Brenna and family pictures here for your trouble.

I'm going to milk these shots for all they're worth, and post a few installments, so come back soon for more.

The first shot here is of some prickly pear cactus, ripe for the picking (I guess).


You could tell it's rained a lot here this monsoon, everything was extra-greeny, and we thoroughly enjoyed the shade, as it was still warm, despite the clouds.



I stumbled across what looked like a peach tree along the main trail, hidden behind some pomegranate shrubs. I didn't realize they even had any fruit trees there. It smelled heavenly.



Here we all are (except me, someone had to take the picture), resting in the shade.



One of my favorite trees there, by the new Australian exhibit. Of course, they don't have the thing tagged, so I don't know it's name, but I love it's shape and the fact that the limbs weep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home