Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Friday, September 15, 2006

Monsoon's Over!

Welp, this is the end, that front there cut off our moisture from Mexico, today was very nice, about 90 and breezy. It was 68 this morning, I'm hoping we hang onto these nice temps until, oh, say, next May.

A couple of pictures from the yard...

Here is a Heart Lies Bleeding (or Love, I forget), I started this plant from a very tiny seed back in March, the plant is about three feet tall now with a thick stalk. I think this is an annual, so I expect this thing will die back when it turns cool in December.

This is one of the more bizarre blooms I've seen in a while. I suspect this is some sort of zinnia, at least this came up among a number of other ones, but minature blooms around the rim is very odd.

The back yard is officially done, at least as far as covering all of the dirt with rocks, flagstone, something. I still have one vacant hole for a tree to plant by our hammock, but I may leave that alone, since our Eucalyptus is intent on taking over the entire yard (which is fine with me, as long as it doesn't get into the power lines).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home