Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Projects

Emily's dad and brother-in-law came by a few days ago to take Orson's dog house over to his new place of residence, leaving me with (gasp) more room to plant stuff! Oh, happy day! I made quick work of the area left open, creating another Tom's hobo special, an "arch" constructed of old tree and plant stakes I had laying around. The idea is for this passion vine to grow completely across this arch, shading the area below for the roses I plan to plant under it. This is on the north side of the house, so even in the summer, I'm hoping I can limp some roses along better than I did last year when I had shanty town shade cloth hanging all over the yard.


I'm also in the process of taking stakes off some of the younger trees in the yard, so they can toughen up and give it go during the windier time of the year (spring and summer).



Another project completed, with my mom's help, is installing this hose stake, giving me a little more length to reach plants around the side of the house, and giving me a decent place to roll the hose up. I planted some aloe behind the stake when finished, for background.





Finally, spring has sprung here in December, below is a narcissus bulb that started blooming about a week ago, two months after I planted it. I have dozens of other bulbs coming up and will post the blooms as they appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home