Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Yet Another Yard Update

Below is another round of yard pictures, including:

The completed/bolted down pergola. I still have to sand and finish the deck itself, but otherwise this project is a done deal. I managed to save the cats claw vine off the old arbor and hope it comes back from its shock to be a useful cover/shade for this summer.

Each of the posts of this pergola have a built in plant tray and hatch, I'll be putting a few of my smaller guys in each of those, including my columbine (pictured further down), fuschia, dutchman's pipe, and lambs ear.


Mom tells me this is a lupine. Although the flower stalk resembles the wild lupines that are blooming along the highway here, the leaves are completely different, so it must be a relative. Nonetheless, it's in full bloom now.

My jujubee and chinese pistache trees have both finally started to leaf out. Below is the former, starting to leaf out. Last fall I had some good fruit off of this guy and I hope this year is just as good.



Another unidentified wildflower that's blooming everywhere now in this area. Nice to have some blue color, as I don't have anything else like this in the yard.






Here's an odd bulb that just bloomed in and around my jonquils. Not sure what this is, it appears to be the only one.



The citrus are starting to bloom, the smell is heavenly first thing in the morning and early in the evening.



Here is a columbine that I bought at a local nursery about a month ago. It's grown nearly six inches already and is covered in buds, this one just opened today. I have another pot of columbines that started from seed from my mom, and while they've sprouted, they're still barely an inch high and don't seem to be progressing any further in their growth.



The gazanias are still blooming and spreading.


Another emu bush blooming, this is the pink variety, very pretty, I think. The easter egg emu is about to bloom, I'll post pictures of it as soon as it happens.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home