Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Yard Update

Back from a two hour watering session in the yard, I bring you a few new pictures.

For some reason my iceberg rose has decided to bloom in the dead of summer. I was pretty happy having made it this far along without having killed any of these roses, but this is a bit of icing on the cake.











I'm attempting to grow okra and watermelon in the back corner of the yard. Daily watering is barely keeping them alive, but they're coming right along. I have until late November before any cool weather will slow them down.





My peppers seem to be pretty happy growing in my bathtub. That was fun saying that.





Although the leaves on the creeping trumpet vine look horrible this time of year, when the monsoon comes along it starts blooming again.





Here is my feeble attempt at growing squash and zucchini under a shade canopy.






I've taken the cover off of these roses since I took this picture, as they're already receiving decent shade from our eucalyptus.





Even my potted roses are surviving.





Ironic that the tastier jujubes are still green, and don't seem to be ripening, but by golly the butt jujubes are about ready for picking. Yum!
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home