Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Two Shots Is All I've Got

The weather has been brutal most of August, two light rains and a lot of heat. The birds have been boring holes in everything they can find that they think might have water in them, including my watermelons and pomegranates.

We did manage to get an okra off this plant, shown blooming here. Emily had an ingenious idea to back the okra into some cornbread, which ended up tasting fanastic. Depsite the heat, as long as I water the dog out of these plants, they seem to be doing well.




Here is a picture of the one surviving watermelon that I picked after I discovered a small hole in it. Hopefully as the weather cools off these vines will start producing more fruit than the birds can destroy.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home