Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yard Update

A few pictures of the yard as the weather levels out at around 100 degrees. Everything is doing fine with regular water, no casualties yet.

Below are my hosta and love-lies-bleeding.


Here are the porch plants, the Easter lilies are still not blooming, but thinking about it. Another love-lies-bleeding, and herbs growing like wild. When I get back from my trip I'm going to take down the 2x4 slats across the top of our arbor and use them to build a raised planter on the porch, allowing the herbs more room to spread. I'll then replace those 2x4s with 2x2s, taking some of the weight off the top of the arbor.


I wish I had taken more care with my zinnia seeds this spring, in the process of planting roses and other things in the same area, I think I buried the seeds to the point where they couldn't sprout, or didn't get enough water to come up. Below are the two that HAVE come up, I have another four or five I'm waiting to see what color they're going to be.






Two pictures below are from the Easter lily, the only blooms so far.





1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home