Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Something Miraculous

A crazy thing happened this afternoon. It actually rained.

Not only did it rain, but we got a whopping two tenths of an inch. For those of you that live places where, well, it rains, that probably doesn't sound like much. But consider that over the past five years cumulatively I've seen less rain than that in our rain gauge, and it's a fairly big deal.

Unfortunately, since this rain wasn't fore casted, my rain barrels were sitting under my newly installed gutters, but I hadn't tightened the spigots, and most of the water rain right through them and out onto the ground. One of the barrels was actually blown off it's stand and was laying sideways on the flagstone (real great way to capture water). At any rate, it looks like what I've done is going to work, just need to tweak things a bit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home