Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Hot Yard

As we near ongoing 100 degree weather, here are some shots of things around the yard.

Our Thompson Seedless grape has started putting out some fruit. This grape has never made it to maturity, I hung some pie pans nearby in hopes of scaring the birds away, we'll see if that helps.



Here is a new flame (puple) seedless on the same (north) side of the yard, nice cluster, if it will survive the birds. Might buy some netting.



The creeping trumpet vine is anything but creeping, taking over the north side of the house, and getting close to blooming in numerous places.


Here's a wider shot of this monster.



Underneath it, I've hidden some delicate plants that may or may not survive our summer. Come June there may not be much shade against the house, so I'm hoping this vine will offer some.

Here's an updated shot of my larger columbine, still blooming, but losing leaves in a hurry. I've harvested hundreds of seeds, so I'm ready to start over if this plant doesn't survive.



My smaller columbine, which has yet to bloom (and may not with the heat in the rise), still looks pretty good.


And finally, the ultimate expiriment in futility. This is a sprout from a pink lady apple that I ate the other day. The seed was already sprouting inside the apple when I found it, so I thought if it's hardy enough to grow inside the apple, maybe it will stand a chance if I keep it in the shade.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home