Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Monday, July 21, 2008

Quickie

Not much to report on the yard, too bloody hot for anything of interest to be blooming, other than a stray sunflower, yellow bell, or orange jubilee, which I've posted here a zillion times before.

My zinnias that I planted back in the spring are coming on strong, now, however, and should be blooming pretty soon. The humidity and recent rains have helped them quite a bit. They're also nestled between my 20 foot tall eucalyptus and the house, so they're in the shade for much of the day.



My latest project in the back yard involves recycling the wood from our arbor that we replaced with the pergola, and extending our back deck. I've started framing it, but digging post holes in 100 heat with the humidity is a slow process. This past Saturday I swear I had broken a sweat by the time I had gotten my shoes on.

I'm using Brenna's water table to protect a bag of concrete mix from any rain that might come up (yeah, optimistic I continue to be). This morning I had a running conversation with my daughter while pushing her in her swing about why her water table was on the other side of the yard. I don't think she was terribly pleased by the tone of her voice. Notice the wood block placed strategically on the top where the umbrella for the stand usually goes, to block any rain from sneaking through the table. That's what a college degree will get you, ladies and gentlemen, brilliant ingenuity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home