Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Friday, July 11, 2008

Not Your Typical Monsoon



Below is the latest 24 hour rainfall totals around our area. We're at 1.20 inches so far here, and it's still raining this morning. Matter of fact, I don't know if I can remember the last time that the sky was this black from one horizon to the next. Typically in the monsoon season the storms will build up overnight, it might or might not rain, and the clouds break apart at sunrise. Not the case with this disturbance that's pushed up from the south. It's supposed to rain all day today, and we have a good chance of continued rain through Tuesday.


At this point all four of my rain barrels are completely full (approx. 120 gallons) and the last one is overflowing since I never took the time to drill an overflow valve. Goes to show the potential amount of rainwater I could actually collect if I had more gutters and barrels on the north side of the house.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home