Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rain Update

The rain has picked up again here at the house, we're nestled between two nasty storms, lots of thunder, but a gentle rain with no wind. Perfect.

Here's an updated screen shot of rainfall totals, an amazing amount considering it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow (supposedly).

My second rain barrel is almost full, the overflow from the first one is working well, although I think I'll drill a secondary hole, if it were raining harder my first barrel would be spilling out the top faster than the overflow valve can empty into the second one. It's hard to tell if the second barrel is leaking out of the spigot or not since it's so wet out, but I'll cross my fingers that it'll hold like the first one.

The spotted frogs are out hopping around the yard, they surface with the first good monsoon of the season. I just saw one cross the back deck that was about the size of a racquetball.

At about four tenths of an inch, I have probably fifty gallons or rainwater collected at this point with two more barrels to go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home