Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rain!

As promised on the regular blog, here are the rainfall totals so far from today. Mesa and North Phoenix are the winners so far, but I'll take anything we get out here. I have been holding off on watering all week, knowing this was coming, and the quarter of an inch that we got here this afternoon should help until more comes along tomorrow.



I went to Home Depot this afternoon and got brackets for my downspout, just in the nick of time. The top barrel pictured here filled up with just the rain we had earlier (about 30 gallons). And it's not leaking out of the spigot, best I can tell. So far, so good. We'll see with more rain tomorrow how the overflow works with the lower barrel.



While I was pushing Brenna in her swing, I took this picture of the clouds just starting to move in.

And here's a random picture of my shamrock that I bought back in March. It's starting to bloom again. It didn't pick up terribly well, but I like how the leaves lean towards the window during the day and close up at night. The undersides of the leaves are also neat, almost completely purple.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home