Addicted To Hoes

All things outdoors

Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Near Miss

While at Wal Mart tonight, I walked across the parking lot to my car and looked west to see this column of rain. Like any Arizonan, I decided to drive towards it, rather than the opposite direction towards home.

And what a gully washer it was. It got close to our house, almost following me there, but it never rained. In east Mesa they got about two inches from this downpour.

I took these pictures on my cell phone camera, it literally looks like a hole opened in the cloud to dump the rain below. And through it all the sun was setting behind it, an eery orange orb.




1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,
Those are some of the coolest storm pictures I have ever seen. The hole in the cloud one in particular is wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home